Sunday, October 28, 2007

33: Titahi Bay Walk: A Three-hour Tour

Titahi Bay Perimeter WalkI seem to have a habit of going out for what I think will be a leisurely walk around Titahi Bay, just to get some fresh air and clear my mind. But then the competitive/curious part of my brain takes over and commandeers my leisurely walk, often making me keep hiking "just to see what's around the bend." Today turned out to be another nice day, so I figured I'd take a walk around the bay and hike to the top of the north end of Titahi Bay. I decided to keep walking around the perimeter of Whitireia Park since the usually brisk wind was rather light. Next thing I know, I found myself half-way to Mana on the other side of Aotea Lagoon. By that stage, I was past the point of no return, so decided to just keep on going. In all, my hour-long walk spontaneously converted into a three-hour hike. Great exercise and great photos to show for it.

Place your cursor over each photo for a description. Click on the photo for a larger image.

Titahi Bay with Mana Island and the NZ South Island in the background
Mana Island, North Island, New Zealand

Aotea Lagoon Boats

Titahi Bay looking southTitahi Bay north towards Plimmerton

Bee close-up shot

Whitireia Park

No comments: