Tuesday, June 17, 2008

38: Birthday Dinner at Istanbul Turkish Restaurant, Wellington

Bob once told me one time that doing a PhD is the most isolating experience I'll ever do. Now that I'm neck deep in the thick of it, he was right. Very right. And although there is a social component to the work I'm doing with the participants, the isolation really hits hard during those long hours when I'm either glued to the computer or stuck in the office on a late Friday or Saturday night doing some sort of menial (albeit necessary) grunt work. However, I was deeply humbled by Bob's orchestration of putting together a birthday dinner for me. It offered a welcome respite from everything and gave me a chance to just "be" for a little while. Thank you all for making my birthday special and memorable!!

No comments: